The data harvester is a chrome extension that will gather general human behavior in the same way as Akamai (what Nike uses for anti-bot). The data is analyzed and catalogued by a machine learning system to help cookie generation. Please note that any data gathered does NOT contain any sensitive or identifiable information.
Open Ghost SNKRS and Google Chrome
Install the extension here (note: this only works for Chrome) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ghost-cookies/jhpkmammngkcndfpkdanoiifdjeplgno
On Ghost, click on “View Tasks” and then click on the blue “Open Harvester” button, It’s okay if you see a 404 page.
After a page is opened in Ghost, click on the Ghost Cookies Extension icon on the top right of your browser
After clicking on it, it should say “Logged In” at the bottom
Click on the Toggle in the extension. The Nike Desktop Home Page should open up.
Video Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKKOkjwiQhQ
How You Should Use the Data Harvester
Navigate on the website as you normally would. The more human-like your behavior is the better it will work. We recommend to just pretend you were browsing shoes and that you were going to buy them. We cannot stress this enough. The quality of the data is very important. The better quality that your data is (actually browsing the website as you normally would), the better chances of your cookie generation.
This is NOT a contest to have the most data. Quality data > Quantity of data.
If you are using auto-refreshers, auto-clickers, or spamming clicks (clicking everywhere on the page or just clicking back and forth between the different sizes), that is bad data since it’s very bot-like behavior and will filtered out by Nike.
- Make sure you are harvesting data at least a day before the drop.
- Aim for at least 1 cookie per task
- Run the harvester 2-3 days before the drop
The Ghost Cookies Extension is a telemetry DATA harvester. It is not a cookie generator. It is used to get the cookies faster as the data is sent to the bot to utilize the data to better generate your cookie. Again, this is why quality data is very important.
- If you notice that your harvester counter isn’t increasing, then click on the “Clear Cookies” button in the extension. This should not wipe out the progress you have already done.
- If you can’t get your extension to say “logged in”, then you will need to set your default browser to Chrome and then click on the log-in button again.
- When you log in, if you see a 404 page, that is normal.